Thursday, December 12, 2019

Continuing

It's been 7 years since I really updated this but I am back to it. We got out of active duty Marine Corps, moved to California, moved to Sweden, and are currently back in the US. We have purchased a 26-acre lot in Montana off grid using solar, wind, and a generator when we need it. We got it to raise our boys and Rowe. Yes, we had a good baby girl.

I have also finished the academic portion of a marriage and family therapy masters degree. What is left is to accrue clinical hours and obtain licensure. That is ongoing.

But there is something people have been asking Janet and me for some time: How do we raise such wild, helpful, resilient, natural kids? As I understand it, some kids float about like they have a lobotomy, or are so soft that the slightest mishap distresses them to pieces. 

Our kids are physically hard, pretty nice, helpful like a pants full of flaming crap (as I suppose most kids are), but unfiltered when it comes to their wild impulses. And people like it. They wash dishes, dig ditches, split firewood, and aim to please the tribe.


We are building a house, using primarily Ryobi tools, which I have been impressed with so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment